Would you like to attend a free webinar providing training on sick pay and sick leave?
HMRC and ACAS are running a webinar entitled “Managing Sick Leave and Pay“. There will be a broef summary of Statutory Sick Pay entitlement, also how to manage sick leave and the impact it has on employment relations in the workplace.
You will be able to ask questions using the on-screen text box.
Friday 1 June, 9.00am to 10.00am
Tuesday 12 June, 3.00pm to 4.00pm
You can register, or find more information here
Happy New Year!
A few links to help you with the start of the 2018/2019 tax year …
New Income Tax, National Insurance, SSP, SMP etc rates
P9X (tax code changes 6 April 2018)
National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage
Changes to Pension Contribution rates
HM Revenue and Customs has issued a timely reminder about the potential for emails pretending to have been issued by HMRC.
HMRC will never notify a tax rebate by email or text. HMRC do not ask for personal or payment information by email or text.
If you have the slightest doubt that a HMRC email or text is fake, the advice is:
– do not open attachments, they could contain a virus
– do not click on links, they could take you to a fake HMRC site
– do not disclose personal/confidential information
– forward suspicious HMRC text messages to 60599 (charged at your network rate)
– forward suspicious emails to the HMRC phishing team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information at https://taxagents.blog.gov.uk/2018/04/05/spoof-hmrc-communications-tax-agent-blog and https://www.gov.uk/topic/dealing-with-hmrc/phishing-scams